STL launches Accellus – an end-to-end fiber broadband and 5G wireless solution – Technuter
STL has launched Accellus, its flagship solution for 5G-ready, open and programmable networks. This new product line raises STL’s position as a provider of disruptive solutions for Access and Edge networks. For the past 5 years, STL has been investing in research and development to expand its capabilities in converged networks based on fiber optic broadband and Open RAN.
As data demand grows and sophisticated uses of IoT, AI, and immersive experiences emerge, digital networks must provide ultra-high bandwidth, low latency, and edge intelligence. Open RAN allows this massive evolution cost-effectively.
STL’s Accellus is built on this industry-leading converged optical-radio architecture. The company expects the global adoption of this decision to accelerate at a rate of 250% on an annual basis, stimulating better TCO for customers and gross margin for shareholders. Accellus will allow four main benefits for network builders – scalable and flexible operations, faster time to market, lower TCO and greener networks.
Accellus will lead the industry’s transition from tightly integrated, proprietary products to developer-neutral converted wireless and optical networking solutions. It offers wireless and fiber-based convergence solutions:
- 5G multiband radios: Exhaustive portfolio of RAN radio with single- and multi-band macro radios. Co-developed in partnership with Facebook Connectivity to build total availability for Open RAN-based radios
- Internal small cells: O-RAN compliant, high-performance 5G solution for small cells indoors, with level 1 edge processing
- Wi-Fi 6 solutions: Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 radio solutions, providing operator-class public connectivity in a dense environment
- Intelligent RAN Controller (RIC): Open RAN 5G operating system, which allows the Open RAN ecosystem to use third-party applications to improve performance and save costs
- Programmable FTTx (pFTTx): A complete solution that brings programmability and software-defined networks to large-scale FTTH, business and cellular sites (FTTx) networks
Commenting on the launch of Accellus, Philip Leidler, Partner and Consulting Director, STL Partners, said: “One of the goals of the O-RAN alliance was to expand the RAN ecosystem and encourage innovation from a wider base of technology companies worldwide. The recent STL announcement is the latest indicator that this goal has been achieved. “
Commenting on the launch of Accellus, Chris Rice, CEO of Access Solutions, STL, said: “Disaggregated 5G and FTTx networks based on open standards are becoming more common in both greenfield and brownfield deployments. These networks will require unprecedented scalability and agility, possible through an open and programmable architecture. STL’s Accellus will unlock business opportunities for our customers and provide an immersive digital experience worldwide. “